Thursday, August 4, 2016

August 4, 2016 - Kirby Park in Wilkes Barre!

Coming to you from Kirby Park in Wilkes Barre


They're doing work on my building... and that means noise. Lots of noise. I decided, since it's such a nice day, and I need to get out of the apartment, why not set up shop in Kirby Park in Wilkes Barre? Brilliant!

In this week's vlog post I talk about my latest article for NEPA Scene, featuring Sarah McBride, the first transgender woman to speak at the Democratic National Convention. Or, well, any major political convention. It's kind of a big deal.

As mentioned in the video, I had some basic knowledge of who Sarah McBride was, based on what I'd read about her, but it still didn't dawn on me just who she was and how important she was to history and to the transgender community. We have certainly come a long way! And yet, we still have so far to go. It seems like the more progress we make, the more we get pushed back.

Also mentioned in the video is my latest "guitar noodle" video, "Chasing Comets," which was NOT filmed at Kirby Park. Alas, that's just how things go. They weren't working on my building when I recorded that one, so there was no need to head out for a quieter space. I'm definitely looking forward to making more of these. I'm also thinking of getting into other creative outlets, such as painting. It just depends on my level of motivation and whether I can manage to create something I like enough to share. It's been so long since I painted! Like, 10 years, or so. Until I decide otherwise, enjoy the guitar videos.

I also really need to get back into experimental electronic music. There's a lot of setup that goes into it, and to be honest, it's just so much faster and easier to grab a guitar and string a few chords together. And I can't exactly bring my entire setup to Kirby Park; although, I suppose I could just play around with Ableton Live, some headphones and a keyboard controller.

Anyway, enjoy the videos, let me know what you think. If you have any comments or questions, put them in the usual place and I'll get back to you. This is Dee, signing off from Kirby Park in Wilkes Barre. Take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment