Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8th, 2016 - NEPA PrideFest at Montage Mountain - Pride on the Mountain

NEPA PrideFest at Montage Mountain - Pride on the Mountain



This week, I'm in Kirby Park in Wilkes Barre, again! I liked it so much last time that I decided to do it, again.

I talk a little about NEPA PrideFest at Montage Mountain, where it was held this year.

Everything was set for this years Pride to be better than ever... especially after last year. Last year, Pride was in Pittston on one of the hottest days of the summer. Previously, it was held in Kirby Park in Wilkes Barre. The greenery and proximity to the Susquehanna River always made it feel comfortable and open. But last year, it was held on blacktop -- I actually felt like I was being cooked from both the sun and the ground. It was pretty intense. I was dehydrated, I got bad leg cramps, we were just sweating and melting and... ugh. So, when I'd heard that Pride was going to be at a water park, I couldn't wait! Everything was perfect... except for the weather.

I don't recall exactly what the temperature was for most of the day, but it wasn't the kind of temperature I wanted to go swimming in. Regardless, we had a lovely time. My girlfriend and I spent the day talking to our friends, listening to bands performing and even riding the zip line! What a great venue! I think NEPA PrideFest at Montage Mountain was a huge success.

I also talk about my girlfriend and I getting our eyebrows done. You can see them, in the video. What do you think? My girlfriend has a good friend who does them, and she nailed it. Perfect!

I talk about 1940s Weekend in Eckley Miner's Village, which I've been going to for at least 3 years. Maybe even 4? I can't remember, anymore... I just know that I love big band era music, swing dancing and dressing like a pin-up model. It was perfect. This year was a little different, though. My girlfriend and I got harassed by, of course, a cisgender male for using the ladies room. Yeah, for real.

Finally, I talk about rewatching The Matrix from the perspective of a trans woman and noting that the Wachowskis are also trans, and I talk a little about transitioning in my 30s and some of the things I sacrificed because I stayed in the closet and didn't begin hormone therapy sooner. It's difficult for me to talk about, but I try.

Anyway, enjoy the video! See you next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment